Tuesday 14 January 2014

Character walk cycles

Taking our character designs we created, we were then challenged to do a walk cycle with both characters, whilst showing movements specific to the character's weight and personality. The walks have to be distinguishable.

This is my character walk for my thin little doll character. She is a little girl and so would have a fairly normal walk, perhaps with a bit of a skip in it. I found giving her a skip walk way too challenging and couldn't figure it out, and so I ended up sticking with a more normal walk. I am still very happy with this however, because the walk runs smoothly, the timing is good and the proportions worked out nicely after a lot of tries.

This was my first attempt at the fat character walk. I found this very difficult, and couldn't at all work out how a fat character would walk, and keeping all the proportions together. i spent a long time trying to figure this out, and am still displeased with the outcome.


This was my final attempt, and although there is some improvement, I still found it far too difficult and wasn't able to improve it much. Despite this, I am still happy with how it looks when it's the first time i've tried this.

No comments:

Post a Comment