Tuesday 14 January 2014

Walk Cycles

This was my first attempt at doing a walk cycle, and I used a basic skeleton, so that the movements would be easier for me to determine, and also easier for people to see in the end. I was happy with the movements and how I made the arms and legs move as he walks. However, I learned later that he is actually taking too much of a big stride when he walks, that does actually look strange when watched all together, and so I need to change it and make it more of a natural walk.

In this attempt, I did what I set out to do the first time, I made him take less of a stride, and I also improved the timing slightly so that it looks a bit better. I still think i could slightly improve it, but it does look better.

For this walk cycle, I used a different character with different proportions so that I could challenge myself further. This didn't work too well in my opinion, but I think i went into something too difficult too early, and need to practise more before trying something harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment